NAV as on 31 Aug 202180.04660.76 (0.96%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan as of 31 Aug 2021 is Rs 80.0466 for Growth option of its Direct plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 56.46% (1yr), 9.51% (3yr), 8.26% (5yr) and 13.39% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 51.62% (1yr), 13.94% (3yr) and 13.73% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
1. Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan is Open-ended ELSS Equity scheme which belongs to Nippon India Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on Jan 01, 2013.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme aims to generate long-term capital appreciation from a portfolio that is invested predominantly in equity and equity related instruments.
2. It is benchmarked against S&P BSE 100 Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 98.65% in equities, 0.0% in debts and 1.35% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 51.88% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 53.44% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Growth oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 77.9% in giant & large cap companies, 15.58% in mid cap and 6.52% in small cap companies.
1. Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG is not applicable on ELSS schemes since these have a lock-in period of 3 years.
2. Investment into ELSS schemes qualify for tax deduction under Section 80C of the Indian Income Tax Act.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh after completion of 3 years will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan?
A: Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan belongs to the Equity: ELSS category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan?
A: The Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund - Direct Plan is managed by Ashutosh Bhargava (Since Jul 01, 2020) and Rupesh Patel (Since Jul 01, 2021).
Data Sources: Mutual Funds, ETFs, and NPS data are sourced from Value Research
Find us at the office
Blotner- Kwas street no. 55, 39246 Canberra, Australia
Give us a ring
+78 715 483 676
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00