NYC providers who want to participate in the citys COVID-19 vaccine program should register with CIR. If your organization already has a CIR account, it is important to confirm the appropriate staff have access.
For more information about becoming a COVID-19 vaccine provider, review:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, August 6)
- NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Program Enrollment, Vaccine Ordering and Reporting (PDF, January 15)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Agreement: Enrollment Open (PDF, December 8, 2020)
For questions about CIR, email email@example.com or call 347-396-2400.
For general information about distribution in NYC, see our COVID-19 Vaccines main page.
For more information on using CIR for COVID-19 reporting, review our CIR COVID-19 Resources.
Find out how you can request a vaccine record for you or your child.
The New York Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) keeps immunization records for all children and adults who live in the city. CIR consolidates immunization information and shares it with health care providers, families and agencies concerned with public health.
You can register your practice online. For instructions on how to register your practice, see the registration guide (PDF). If you think you may be registered and have forgotten your facility code, enter your information on the registration page to get your facility code.
Reporting Immunizations Requirements
NYC health care providers report immunizations to the CIR as mandated by New York State Public Health Law and the NYC Health Code. Pediatric providers are required to report all immunizations administered to children aged 0 to 18 years.
Reporting adult immunizations requires consent. However, from December 14, 2020 to June 26, 2021, the consent requirement for adults was suspended by the Governor’s executive order (PDF) and the Health Commissioners order (PDF). These orders required providers to report COVID-19, flu and all other vaccinations administered to adults to the CIR.
Currently, reporting adult immunizations requires patient consent. Immunization data are submitted to the CIR through electronic health record systems or through the CIR’s Online Registry.
Benefits and Uses for CIR
- Order VFC Vaccines and Influenza Online.
- VFC Vaccine Inventory Requirement (PDF)
- Online Registry Vaccine Management: Ordering and Reporting (PDF): How to report vaccine inventory on hand and lot information.
- Receive ordering recommendations and track your VFC vaccine orders.
- Report and return spoiled or expired VFC vaccines.
- Produce up-to-date reports and influenza coverage reports (PDF).
- Print lists, letters and labels to recall or send reminders to patients who are due shots.
- Remove inactive patients from your MyList MOGE (Moved or Gone Elsewhere) (PDF).
- Refer children with asthma who are living with pests for a home inspection.
- How to Report to the CIR
- Batch Requests, Data Exchange, Record Corrections
- My Vaccine Record Announcement (PDF)
For more information on CIR, see Forms and Guides
Forms and Guides
Confidentiality and Consent Forms
Online Registry Guides
CIR COVID-19 Resources
Vaccine Provider Agreement System (VPAS):
CIR Online Registry:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Ordering & Inventory Management (PDF)
- COVID-19 Transfer and VIM Guide (PDF)
- Redistribution Request form-CDC Agreement (PDF)
- Letter about COVID-19 Inventory Transfer (PDF)
- Online Registry QuickGuide for Healthcare Providers serving adults (PDF)
- Online Registry Guide: Highlights for Health Care Providers Serving Adults (PDF)
Storage and Handling:
COVID-19 Vaccine Codes
- Preview Posting of COVID-19 Vaccine Codes and Crosswalk to NDC and CPT Codes Scroll down page to view.
CIR Electronic Reporting Documents
- Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and the CIR
- Guides for reference:
- Update your vaccine codes list used to report to the CIR:
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Citywide Immunization Registry
42-09 28th Street, Fifth Floor, CN 21
Long Island City, NY 11101-4132
Find us at the office
Blotner- Kwas street no. 55, 39246 Canberra, Australia
Give us a ring
+78 715 483 676
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00