Last Updated by Joel Timothy on August 20, 2021
Telecinco is one of the most popular Hispanic Channels globally and the most popular in Spain. The channel provides a wide array of great content from reality shows to La Liga as well as international football.
The parent company, Mediaset España Comunicación recently announced that they’ve already locked in the rights to the 2020 UEFA Euro Cup and 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Telecinco is home to reality show favorites like Salvame, Gran Hermano, Pasapalabra, and Got Talent Espana. These and more are available for free in Spain, but watching the channel may not be so easy if you are an expat or you’ve traveled outside of Spain for business or well-earned holidays. If you try and watch from outside Spain you will get the following error message:
Este es un contenido geobloqueado
El vídeo sólo puede verse desde territorio español
Telecinco doesn’t offer TV on demand service. However, it’s part of the larger streaming platform, Mitele; a popular free streaming platform that belongs to Mediaset Network.
Unfortunately, the service they offer is only meant for residents of Spain, and so the platform restricts most almost all of its content. If you try you get the following error message:
This is what happens when you try streaming a program like Got Talent Espana:
To watch Telecinco or any other program/Live TV on the platform, you need to use a VPN.
- ExpressVPN — Top rated for its blazing fast speeds and superior unblocking technology that allows you to stream from anywhere without interruptions. Try ExpressVPN risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost VPN — Dedicated streaming servers for quality streaming, but specialty servers often fill up at peak times of day.
A VPN works by encrypting your traffic and securely tunneling it to a server of your choice, for example, on based in Spain. The server spoofs your real IP address by replacing it with an alternative via the proxy server.
Since IP addresses usually belong to the particular place where the server is located, your new IP address will now be based in Spain or wherever else you choose.
When you try streaming on Mitele, their server will again check your IP address, and they’ll see that the traffic is from within Spain. You will then be granted access.
You will now be able to watch any of your favorite Telecinco TV shows. The good thing with unblocking Mitele is that you can also watch other Mediaset properties like Energy, Cuatro, FDF, Divinity, Be Mad, and more.
VPNs are created differently, and you should be careful when choosing one. There are factors that you need to consider to ensure you have a VPN that meets your needs without compromise.
Apart from watching Mitele, you can also use a VPN for other tasks, including:
- Online privacy & security
- Unblocking Netflix and other services
- Online anonymity
- Overcoming censorship
- Beating ISP throttling, etc.
Here’s what you should consider when choosing a VPN for Telecinco
- Servers in Spain: To get a Spanish IP address, you need to connect to a server in Spain.
- Good Speeds: Remember that streaming in HD requires quality speeds, and a VPN almost always gets a toll on those speeds. Some VPNs are faster than others, and so your VPN should only have minimal impact on your speeds.
- 24/7 Customer Support: While using a VPN, you might need support at any time, and some of the top VPNs provide 24/7 live chat support. Remember that for some streaming services like Netflix, you may need customer support to confirm which servers are compatible in a particular region.
- Robust Privacy & Security: The key feature of a quality VPN. To enhance your privacy, you should get a VPN that keeps zero logs. As for security, AES 256-bit encryption with other privacy and security features like a kill switch and DNS leak protection can be integral.
- 3,000+ global servers
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Split tunneling
ExpressVPN is the leader in the VPN market thanks to its blazing speeds, excellent performance, and ability to unblock almost any streaming. It boasts a network of servers in 94 countries spread across 160 locations, and some of these are in Madrid and Barcelona.
The VPN enhances privacy by keeping absolutely zero connection and usage logs, and the fact that it’s registered in the BVI greatly helps with privacy. For security, the VPN uses OpenVPN AES 256-bit encryption and compliments it with an automatic kill switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection.
The best part is that you can try ExpressVPN risk-free thanks to their 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 3,600+ global servers
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and more
CyberGhost is an excellent VPN for Telecinco, and it has a huge server network of servers located in 60 countries. 54 servers are located in Spain, which makes sure that you will always get a fast and reliable connection to the country.
In terms of privacy, CyberGhost doesn’t keep any logs whatsoever, something that makes it good for privacy. Its security is also solid thanks to AES 256-bit encryption and features such as an automatic kill switch, tracking and ad blocker, as well as DNS and IP Leak protection.
Further, CyberGhost’s website and apps are also translated into Spanish, and you’ll be able to connect up to seven devices simultaneously. Your subscription will also be protected with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Living or traveling outside of Spain doesn’t have to come at the expense of your favorite Telecinco shows or Live TV.
Through Mitele, you can watch any Telecinco content, as long as you have a good VPN like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost. Each of these services work perfectly and can also be used with other streaming services like Netflix, Spotify, etc.
If you are not sure which one to go with, we recommend ExpressVPN as it’s the best VPN for streaming. You can get it here at a discount, and you’ll be covered with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Summary: Watch Telecinco Now With These VPNs (Updated 2021)
$6.67 / month Save 48%
$2.25 / month Save 83%
Find us at the office
Blotner- Kwas street no. 55, 39246 Canberra, Australia
Give us a ring
+78 715 483 676
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00