NAV as on 30 Aug 202112.47900.22 (1.80%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan as of 30 Aug 2021 is Rs 12.4790 for IDCW option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 61.52% (1yr), 10.74% (3yr) and 5.18% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 55.75% (1yr), 12.86% (3yr) and 12.46% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
1. HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan is Open-ended Thematic Equity scheme which belongs to HDFC Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on Dec 06, 2017.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme aims to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related instruments of entities engaged in and/or expected to benefit from the growth in housing and its allied business activities.
2. It is benchmarked against India Housing & Allied Businesses Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 98.88% in equities, 0.3% in debts and 0.82% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 67.28% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 88.46% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Blend oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 72.71% in giant & large cap companies, 8.73% in mid cap and 18.55% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan?
A: HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan belongs to the Equity: Thematic category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan?
A: The HDFC Housing Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan is managed by Amar Kalkundrikar (Since Jan 10, 2019) and Rakesh Vyas (Since Jun 01, 2019).
Find us at the office
Blotner- Kwas street no. 55, 39246 Canberra, Australia
Give us a ring
+78 715 483 676
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00