NAV as on 31 Aug 2021352.41102.79 (0.80%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the Nippon India Banking Fund as of 31 Aug 2021 is Rs 352.4110 for Growth option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 68.97% (1yr), 8.23% (3yr), 12.08% (5yr) and 21.29% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 52.49% (1yr), 7.4% (3yr) and 10.39% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
1. Nippon India Banking Fund is Open-ended Sectoral-Banking Equity scheme which belongs to Nippon India Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on May 26, 2003.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme aims to generate continuous returns by actively investing in equity, equity related or fixed income securities of banks. The proportion of investment between equity and debt will be decided based on the view of the fund manager on anticipated movement in both debt as well as equity markets.
2. It is benchmarked against NIFTY Bank Total Return Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 97.52% in equities, 0.0% in debts and 2.48% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 72.63% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 96.88% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Blend oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 72.45% in giant & large cap companies, 22.82% in mid cap and 4.73% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in Nippon India Banking Fund?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the Nippon India Banking Fund comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of Nippon India Banking Fund?
A: Nippon India Banking Fund belongs to the Equity: Sectoral-Banking category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in Nippon India Banking Fund?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into Nippon India Banking Fund is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the Nippon India Banking Fund?
A: The Nippon India Banking Fund is managed by Vinay Sharma (Since Apr 09, 2018) and Bhavik Dave (Since Jun 18, 2021).
Find us at the office
Blotner- Kwas street no. 55, 39246 Canberra, Australia
Give us a ring
+78 715 483 676
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00